Environmental Impact Assessment
North/South Consultants Inc. has conducted a broad range of Environmental Impact Assessments, post-project audits, and site selection studies for access road, bridge, hydroelectric and thermal generating stations, mining, oil and gas, pulp and paper, and transmission line developments.
- Conducted aquatic and terrestrial components of impact assessments for the upgrade and extension of the Rice River Road from Manigotagan to Bloodvein Indian Reserve.
- Conducted aquatic components of impact assessments for Conawapa and Wuskwatim access roads.
- Conducted an impact assessment of a proposed winter road between North Spirit Lake Winter Road and Poplar Hill First Nation (northeastern Ontario).
Hydroelectric and Thermal Generating Stations:
- Wuskwatim and Gull Rapids - North/South Consultants are the lead consultants on study teams conducting EIAs for the proposed Wuskwatim (Burntwood River) and Gull Rapids (Nelson River) hydroelectric generation projects in northern Manitoba.
- Conawapa Generating Station - conducted all aquatic studies related to the environmental impact assessment of a proposed 1300 MW project on the lower Nelson River, Manitoba.
- Brandon and Selkirk Thermal Generating Stations - participated in assessments on the upgrading and life extension of two thermal generating stations in Manitoba.
Oil and Gas:
- Conducted the aquatic components of impact assessments for the Mackenzie Delta Partnership and Devon Canada Corporation's gas exploration programs in the Beaufort Sea.
Pulp and Paper:
- Participated in EIAs for the Proctor and Gamble Cellulose Mill in northern Alberta and the Repap Pulp and Paper Mill in Manitoba.
- Conducted fisheries and aquatic components of an EIA for a proposed ski hill development. Included assessments of construction related sediment inputs, changes in runoff and erosion during operation, inputs of sewage, fertilizers, and other chemicals, and water withdrawal for snow making purposes.
- Conducted the aquatic resources components of impact assessments for the proposed Bipole-III, Split Lake, Brandon/Neepawa, Wuskwatim, and North/Central transmission line developments in Manitoba.
Water Level Enhancement Projects:
- Assessed potential aquatic impacts and developed a comprehensive environmental effects monitoring program for the Churchill River and Cross Lake water level enhancement projects - initiatives of Manitoba Hydro to mitigate the effects of Churchill River Diversion and Lake Winnipeg Regulation, respectively.
Top of Page